Flexible Stone Vineers
Flexsto, or Flexible Stone Veneer, is a veneer with a layer of stone up to 2.20 mm thick. It is made from a thin layer of stone stripped or peeled from a metamorphic stone slab (such as Slate, Schist or Quartzite), instead of cutting from a solid or precast composite material. Hence this process only works with layered metamorphic rocks and not with Granite or Marble.
Two backings: PVC + Fiberglass & cloth
PVC backed veneer can be used both indoors and outdoors, except floor
Cloth backed should be used only indoors, except floors
Waterproof; easy to install
Sizes - 2’x1’ & 8’x4’
Flexsto Stone Veneers
|Unit Size||304 x 125 cm|
|Back||Glass Fibre Fabric in Polyester Resin Matrix|
|Temperature Limits||-58 /+203 Degree F|
|Formaldehyde||Stone-Veneer is Formaldehyde - free|
|Thermal Expansion||0.50 -0.80 mm/m ( =0.08 %) at (194 Degree F)|
|Fire Behaviour||Individual Assessment|
- FLEXSTO is made from naturally occurring slates and quartzite.
- A thin veneer comes off from the stone slabs once the special adhesive is poured on top and fiber glass backing or fleece backing is pasted. Most of the work is done by hand. Only the ultra thin veneers are made on machines.
- Fiber glass variety is 1.50 mm to 2.20 mm thick, while the fleece backed veneers are 0.50 mm to 0.80 mm thick. Ultra thin cloth backed veneers are >0.5mm.
- Never use POP (Plaster of Paris). Ensure a sharp blade is used to cut the veneers for those fine joints you want.
- 24 colours are regular in production. Since the veneers are made of slates and quartzite, whatever colours slates and quartzite come in are possible.
- Except floors, FLEXSTO can be used anywhere, interiors, exteriors, facades.
- FLEXSTO is fire resistant.
- FLEXSTO can be pasted on curved surfaces, round pillars. The flexibility varies according to the colour. You can check the flexibility at our showroom.
- Many resins and special adhesives are available. We recommend PUA 212 by MYK LATICRETE. IT is a two component modified Polyurethane adhesive.
- Made in India; light weight; flexible; thin; PVC backed FLEXSTO is weather proof; natural stone look retained; eco-friendly; can be cut into various curved shapes easily.
- PVC backed FLEXSTO can be used indoors, outdoors, on facades, walls and furniture, in short anywhere except floors. Fabric backed FLEXSTO can be used only indoors, again anywhere except floors. Furniture manufacturers and modular kitchen manufacturers have started using fabric backed FLEXSTO extensively on shutters. It can also be used as a wall covering or curtain cloth. Interestingly, one garment designer stitched a jacket using it.
- Very low maintenance.